A great classic in Provence, full of flavour and quick to prepare.
A treat for the eyes and the taste buds, to be eaten without moderation !
Ingredients for 4 :
- 6 round tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of « herbes de Provence »
- Salt, pepper
Preparation of the recipe :
- Cut the tomatoes in halves, salt them and turn them over on a plate to let them drain for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the parsley, garlic, «herbes de Provence » and the breadcrumbs finely.
- Take a large frying pan or 2 medium-sized ones. Heat a little oil, place the tomatoes flesh down, and sear for 2 minutes over high heat. Turn them over, season with salt and pepper and slide them onto an oven dish.
- Cover with the parsley, garlic and breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle with oil. Place in the oven at 220°C (gas mark 7-8) for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy !