Véritable joyau de l' architecture provençale du XVIIIe siècle, l'Hôtel Estrine a été construit en 1748 pour abriter le siège de la judicature des princes de Monaco.
The Estrine Museum and Van Gogh Art Centre is located in a superb 18th century historic monument, the Hôtel Estrine, which in 1988 won the Living Heritage Grand Prix from the France Foundation for the quality of its restoration. The building façade is in the noble, classical style and the building also has a monumental hall, an 18th century wrought iron staircase, a French-style ceiling, ornamental plasterwork and Provençal floor tiles. The inner courtyard contains a monumental work by the sculptor Christian Lapie.
The Van Gogh Art Centre houses permanent exhibitions:
- a tribute to Van Gogh. Every year, a different theme is developed based on the work of the Dutch painter, with a 25 min. video, a photographic exhibition of works of original dimensions, documentation, letters, etc.
- in two rooms of the museum, a permanent retrospective exhibition by the great French painter Albert Gleize (Paris 1881 - St Rémy 1953). Unique collection in France of 22 works by this artist, a forerunner of Cubism.
- major temporary exhibitions by modern and contemporary artists.
- a cycle of art history conferences.
- a shop-bookshop, postcards, posters, etc.
Full price: 7 €
Reduced price: 5 €.
From 12/03 to 23/12 between 10 am and 6 pm.
Closed on Monday.
- March, November, December: open Tuesday to Sunday from 2pm to 5:30pm.
- April and October: open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 12pm and from 2pm to 6pm.
- May to September: open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm.