Enter the universe of chocolate at the artisanal chocolate-maker, Chocolaterie Castelain, located in the heart of the rolling vineyards in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, 15 km from Avignon. The entire site is dedicated to gourmand delight. The plant covers 300m2 and is fragrant with scents of Provence. There is also a chocolate bar!
Take a one-hour journey into the heart of chocolate-making, from the cocoa bean to the chocolate bar. Multi-language video space and discovery workshop. Don't miss the one-hour sensorial experience pairing wines and t chocolate.
For 10 years now, the Chocolaterie Castelain has been working on amazing pairings between these two magical products.
Open to the public all year long, the Chocolaterie Castelain offers a video in French, English, German and Dutch, guided visits, workshops and theme classes.
- Free video screening on the history of chocolate and on growing cocoa beans. Lasts 25 minutes, in F, GB, D, NL, I)
- Free tour of the shop - Gourmet & Gourmand - covering 250 m2. Direct sales of chocolates, free tastingsof our specialties: the Palet des Papes & la Picholine. Specialties and products from Provence (nougats, calissons, tapenade, candied fruits, syrups. Wines and spirits, selection of wines from Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Côtes du Rhône, Côtes du Ventoux, Natural sweet wines, liqueurs from Provence.
- Guided tour of the production ateliers: 1/2-hour visit with tastings, to discover the secrets of creating artisan chocolate and the many steps in making it.
EVery day at 3pm, for individuals.
Groups please make an appointment
Free under 12.
- Les ateliers du Chocolat: (for individuals and groups of 5 to 15 pers.)
Learn to make your own chocolates. A 2-hour class under the watchful eye of our master chocolatier. Off you go with your very own production. Please check with us for the cost of the classes.
- Theme classes for groups of 10 to 25 persons.
- 45-minute introductory class, choose from the many subjects proposed: exploring the cocoa crus, wine and chocolate pairings. Wine and spices,
- Incentive games, blind tastings, quizz…
Price varies based on theme. *
Add to the fun of your visit with a stop at our Bar à Chocolat for a great hot chocolate and sweet treats.
Lots of free parking and easy access.
Group : 50 people maximum
From 02/01 to 30/11.
Closed on Sunday.
Open 9 to 12 and 2 til 7pm.
From 01/12 to 31/12, daily.
Closed exceptionally on 03/12/2023, 10/12/2023, 17/12/2023 and 24/12/2023.
Open 9 to 7pm.
Sunday from 10am to 6pm.